Hybrid Theatre and Operating Room Integration
Hybrid Operating Rooms transcend medical boundaries by combining a state-of-the-art sterile operating room with a powerful imaging system such as an angiography C-arm, a computed tomography (CT) scanner or a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanner. Facilities of this type are rapidly becoming a differentiating factor in today’s hospitals, as minimally invasive procedures driven by intraoperative diagnostics gain ground across a variety of disciplines.
Just a few years ago, hybrid procedures were only used in Cath Lab interventions or open-heart surgery. Today, surgeons increasingly rely on a combination of conventional OR systems and big imaging systems, such as CT, MRI or angiography, for intra-operative diagnosis within the Image Guided Surgery Operating Room.
Project value: c.£925,000
Summary of works:
Alpine Works managed the complete installation of a multidisciplinary Hybrid OR for the Royal Brompton Hospital, comprising the sophisticated design, complex planning and complete integration of the numerous components into one comprehensive, functional system. This project combined the very latest technologies from a phlethora of specialist manufacturers:
- Siemens Artis zeego, the first multi-axis system based on robotic technology
- The Maquet Magnus operating table system
- PowerLed Surgical Operating lights
- The TEGRIS OR Integration platform from Maquet, uniting video routing, recording and transmission, data management, device control and more in a single, user-friendly unit allowing hospitals to boost efficiency, enhance patient safety and create seamless workflows.
“Thanks for showing me round the Hybrid Lab today; I was extremely impressed with the layout, workmanship and finish and am delighted we are moving to the commissioning phase. I am particularly grateful to you for managing the theatre disruption so effectively and to all members of staff adversely affected by the noise and dust.” – Senior RBH Clinician
Further information / case studies:
- Royal Brompton Hospital – Hybrid operating theatres
- Royal Free Hospital – Intensive Care Unit
- Special Spot Light On Royal Free Hospital
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital – Maternity Birthing Unit
- St George’s Hospital – Surgical assessment Unit
- The Royal Marsden Hospital Chelsea – Fundraising Offices & Stewarts House
- University College London Hospital – PET CT Scanner Replacement
- East Surrey Hospital – CT Scanner & Resuscitation Department
For your specialist electrical requirements in a healthcare environment, please contact us to discuss our capabilities or to arrange a confidential discussion with one of our existing clients in this field.