Project value: £2.9 million
Summary of works:
Alpine Works’ role in the total refurbishment of the East, South and West wards in the Royal Free Hospital’s 4th floor level OACS Building was our largest project at this world-renowned hospital. It involved a comprehensive range of project support, spanning two phases of the construction of new intensive care wards for critically ill patients while maintaining existing adjacent facilities in the hospital which were in operation at all times.
The works included new open plan and enclosed bed bays, nurse stations, waiting areas, family member interview rooms and all associated medical spaces relevant to an intensive care facility. Electrical installation of new LV MCB distribution and medical isolated power supply LV distribution boards, with associated sub-main supplies and metering; lighting – including luminaires, modular wiring and self-test emergency lighting; a new fire alarm detection and alarm system, including containment and connections; nurse call systems; data communication and telecommunication cabinets and cabling; hospital radio / television wiring and containment; security systems including CCTV, door entry / access and panic alarms; and lightning protection.
Further information / case studies:
- Royal Brompton Hospital – Hybrid operating theatres
- Royal Free Hospital – Intensive Care Unit
- Special Spot Light On Royal Free Hospital
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital – Maternity Birthing Unit
- St George’s Hospital – Surgical assessment Unit
- The Royal Marsden Hospital Chelsea – Fundraising Offices & Stewarts House
- University College London Hospital – PET CT Scanner Replacement
- East Surrey Hospital – CT Scanner & Resuscitation Department
For your specialist electrical requirements in a healthcare environment, please contact us to discuss our capabilities or to arrange a confidential discussion with one of our existing clients in this field.